First Responder with BLS (FR with BLS)
Course Description: Comprehensive first aid and CPR skills for professional first responders or those training to become first responders. First Responder course teaches the patient assessment model, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, hemorrhage control, and care for a variety of acute and chronic conditions. Participants will be engaged in dynamic training techniques including video, media presentations, skills demonstrations, practice sessions, discussions and scenarios based on real-life situations.
Intended Audience: Professionals in a fire service, rescue team, workplace response team, sports-medicine professionals, lifeguards, and ski patrol. Everyone ages 13 and over.
Course Prerequisites: None
- The Professional Responder
- Responding to the call
- Infection prevention and control
- Anatomy and physiology
- Airway management and respiratory emergencies
- Circulatory emergencies
- Hemorrhage and soft tissue trauma
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Chest, abdominal and pelvic injuries
- Head and spinal injuries
- Acute and chronic illnesses
- Environmental illnesses
- Pregnancy, labour, and delivery
- Special populations
- Crisis intervention
- Reaching, lifting, and extricating patients
- Multiple-casualty incidents
- Includes any other content required by specific legislation
Course duration (time/days): 40 hours (1 week)
Certification: 3-year certification in First Responder with BLS (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
Included in the course:
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency Care for Professional Responders Reference Text (eBook)
(Hard copy can be purchased, but it is not included in the course)
If you are registering more than 1 person, please make sure you are using different emails for each participant
The instructor and facilities are top notch!
Paul was really good, entertaining and knowledgeable. The facility is very nice and clean with lots of coffee to keep you going!