Remote First Aid Training Course
Course Description: Our Remote First Aid (RFS) course is geared towards individuals living or working in non-urban or remote areas, as well as outdoor recreation enthusiasts. Offering comprehensive first aid and CPR skills, this remote first aid course teaches participants how to plan care, prevent injuries, and ensure safety in a remote setting. The course includes strategies for providing extended care for up to 24 hours in such environments.
Please note that a portion of the course takes place in an outdoor setting and involves higher physical activity and endurance compared to typical first aid training.
Intended Audience: Individuals who live or work in non-urban or remote workplaces or communities, or in a wilderness environment (2–3 hours from organized health care) and people over the age of 13.
Course Prerequisites: Participants must be in good health and physical condition. A high level of physical endurance is required for the scenario aspects of the course.
Remote First Aid Training Course Overview
- Planning and assessment
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- CPR and AED
- Wound care
- Head, neck, and spinal injuries
- Bone, muscle, and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental injuries and illnesses
- Poisons and wildlife
- Extended care and evacuation
- Occupational health and safety
- Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate the skills
- Ability to complete a written, closed book, independently completed knowledge evaluation with a minimum mark of 75%
- Must meet additional legislative requirements, if applicable
- Participants must attend and participate in 100% of the course
20 hours (2 days) (25% - 50% of course is taught in a non-urban setting)
3-year wilderness and remote first aid certification
Included in the course:
- Wilderness & Remote First Aid Field Guide
- Trip Plan
- Canadian Red Cross First Aid App (download)
(Hard copy can be purchased, but it is not included in the course)
It is advised that you read the textbook in its entirety prior to the course.
*Camping gear and food for the weekend is not provided. Students must bring their own.
Our Remote First Aid courses are offered out of various locations, including Ottawa, Kingston, Montreal, Pembroke, Arnprior, Kemptville, and Smith Falls. Expert instructors deliver hands-on training, equipping you with the necessary skills to effectively handle emergency situations in remote and non-urban settings.
For any inquiries about the availability of our courses or if you require additional information, feel free to get in touch with us. Our comprehensive course offering includes the Standard First Aid Course among many others. Regardless of the training course you choose to take, we are dedicated to delivering top-notch education, catering to both healthcare professionals and those looking to bolster their life-saving abilities. Sign up today!
If you are registering more than 1 person, please make sure you are using different emails for each participant