Walks N Wags’ Pet First Aid & Emergency Care
Course Description: This is a 10 hour interactive, hands-on pet first aid certification course through Walks N Wags. This course run all across the Canada and USA. This course teaches any pet owner or pet care professional the early signs of illness, prevention of injury, emergency response skills, choking, airway, CPR skills, wound care, splinting and much more!
Intended Audience: General public including pet owners and pet care professionals. Everyone over the age of 13
Course Prerequisites: None
- Immediate steps to take in an emergency
- What to include in your Pet First Aid kit
- How to safely approach an injured animal
- How to complete a Head to toe assessment
- How to restrain an injured animal
- How to transport an injured animal Recognition of signs of common illness and injury
- How to handle various bleeding wounds
- Bone injuries
- Ear injuries
- Eye injuries
- Choking skills
- Artificial Respiration
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Frostbite and hypothermia
- Heat stroke
- Administration of medications
- Strong emphasis on prevention of illness and injury
Course duration (time/days): Course Duration 10 Hours (1 day)
Certification: Valid for 3 years from course completion.
Course Materials: No course materials needed
There is no recertification for this course
If you are registering more than 1 person, please make sure you are using different emails for each participant
Instructor was open to discussion and new information.
He was patient and made sure to take care of housekeeping items at the beginning. Informed us a few times if he didn't know the answer to one of our questions, he would note it and find out.
Every pet owner should seriously consider taking this course. Especially if you have dogs and/or cats. Knowing what to do in case of an emergency is priceless!