Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - RECERTIFICATION
Course Description: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) is a video-based, Instructor-led, advanced course, builds on the foundation of basic life support (BLS) skills. It emphasizes the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR and takes healthcare provider training to the next level- highlighting the importance of high-performance team dynamics and communication, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, immediate post-cardiac arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes.
Intended Audience: The Heart and Stroke Foundations ACLS Course is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care, and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, and paramedics, as well as others who need an ACLS course completion card for job or other requirements.
- Current Heart & Stroke BLS Provider certification
- Current Heart & Stroke ACLS Provider certification that is about to expire. Your certificate cannot be expired (it expires 2 years to the day after it was issued).
- ACLS pre-course self-assessment certificate (passing score = 70%). The link for the pre-course self-assessment will be sent to you after the course registration.
The following competencies are expected of students entering a ACLS Provider course:
- Performing high-quality BLS skills using the most recent Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Reading and interpreting electrocardiograms (ECGs)- Be able to identify—on a monitor and paper tracing—rhythms associated with bradycardia, tachycardia with adequate perfusion, tachycardia with poor perfusion, and pulseless arrest. These rhythms include but are not limited to:
- Normal sinus rhythm
- Sinus bradycardia
- Type I second-degree AV block
- Type II second-degree AV block
- Third-degree AV block
- Sinus tachycardia
- Supraventricular tachycardias
- Ventricular tachycardia
- Ventricular fibrillation
- Organized rhythm without a pulse
- Understanding ACLS drugs- have a basic understanding of the essential drugs used in:
- Cardiac arrest
- Tachycardia with adequate perfusion
- Tachycardia with poor perfusion
- Immediate post–cardiac arrest care
- A current Heart and Stroke Foundation BLS course completion card
- Complete a mandatory Pre-course Self-Assessment.
The ACLS Provider Course emphasizes 3 major concepts:
- The crucial importance of high-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to patient survival
- The integration of effective basic life support (BLS) with ACLS interventions
- The importance of effective team interaction and communication during resuscitation The course is designed to give students the opportunity to practice and demonstrate proficiency in the following skills used in resuscitation:
- Systematic approach
- High-quality BLS
- Airway management
- Rhythm recognition
- Intravenous (IV)/intraosseous (IO) access (information only)
- Use of medications
- Transcutaneous pacing
- Team dynamics
Students must pass a written exam and skills test in order to qualify for a ACLS Provider Course Completion Card.
Course duration (time/days): 7 hours (1 day)
Certification: 2-years certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
Course Materials: Books and materials are required on our courses by the Heart and Stroke Foundation. It is the participant’s responsibility to get the materials and it is not included in the course price.
Textbooks can be purchased directly from us, please click on the link below
it can be purchased from the Heart and Stroke Foundation, please click on the link below, sign in, and then click the button that says SHOP
Please ensure you order the following required student materials:
- 2020 Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual – (Heart and Stroke Product Code: RE5610)
- 2020 Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Provider – (Heart and Stroke Product Code: RE0130)
- ACLS Reference Cards – (Heart and Stroke Product Code: RE5670) It is already included in Provider Manual but also sold separately if an extra one is needed.
It is advised that you read the textbook, in its entirety, prior to the course.
If you are registering more than 1 person, please make sure you are using different emails for each participant
This company does does great work. Very thorough and friend.
Great job and getting the message across! Great communication skills. Would definitely do again!
He was very patient in reviewing the concepts that I had difficulties with and provided recommendations on how to improve.