Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Recertification Course with BLS
Course by the Canadian Red Cross
Course Description: This comprehensive course delves deeply into the essential knowledge and skills necessary for delivering life-saving care and assessments to individuals requiring professional medical attention. The course covers a range of topics, including patient assessments, on-going care provision, and proper procedures for transporting patients to healthcare facilities. The course curriculum aligns closely with the National Occupational Competency Profiles (NOCP) established by the Paramedic Association of Canada. The training is highly interactive and immersive, featuring scenario-based learning that mirrors real-life situations.
Intended Audience: Emergency medical responder courses are designed for emergency medical care professionals who are tasked with conducting initial assessments, delivering safe and prudent medical care, and transporting patients to the most suitable healthcare facilities. The course is open to individuals aged 16 and above.
- Emergency medical responder training participants must be certified in Standard First Aid with CPR level C. Your certificate cannot be expired (it expires 3 years to the day after it was issued).
- Participants must have current Canadian Red Cross Emergency Medical Responder with BLS Certification that is about to expire. Your card cannot be expired (it expires 3 years to the day after it was issued).
EMR Recertification with BLS Course Overview
- The Professional Responder
- Responding to the call
- Infection prevention and control
- Anatomy and physiology
- Airway management and respiratory emergencies
- Circulatory emergencies
- Hemorrhage and soft tissue trauma
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Chest, abdominal and pelvic injuries
- Acute and chronic illnesses
- Environmental illnesses
- Pregnancy, labour, and delivery
- Special populations
- Crisis intervention
- Reaching, lifting, and extricating patients
- Multiple-casualty incidents
- Marine environment
- Workplace Includes any other content required by specific legislation
- Head and spinal injuries
40 hours (1 week)
Upon successful completion of this course, participants receive a 3-year Red Cross Emergency Medical Responder certification with BLS.
Included in the course:
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency Care for Professional Responders Reference Text (eBook)
(Hard copy can be purchased, but it is not included in the course)
It is advised that you read the textbook, in its entirety, prior to the course.
You can enroll in our EMR recertification with BLS course at multiple locations, including Ottawa, Kingston, Montreal, Pembroke, Arnprior, Kemptville, and Smith Falls. Our experienced instructors provide practical, hands-on training that will empower you with the essential abilities to confidently manage emergency scenarios.
Feel free to reach out to us if you have any inquiries about course availability or require further information about this course or our Emergency Medical Responder Course. Our comprehensive selection of courses spans an array of topics, ranging from basic first aid and CPR to advanced resuscitation and basic life support techniques. We are dedicated to delivering top-notch education to both medical practitioners and individuals aiming to elevate their life-saving abilities.
If you are registering more than 1 person, please make sure you are using different emails for each participant