Emergency Medical Responder with BLS (EMR with BLS) - RECERTIFICATION
Course Description: This in depth course, offers further discovery into the knowledge and skills required to provide lifesaving skills and assessments to those needing care at a professional level, including patient assessments, on-going care and transport to a healthcare facility. Course content follows the National Occupational Competency Profiles (NOCP) as defined by the Paramedic Association of Canada. The dynamic training in this course offers scenario based on real-life situations.
Intended Audience: Professionals in emergency medical care who may be responsible for initial assessments, the provision of safe and prudent care, and the transport of a patient to the most appropriate healthcare facility. Everyone ages 16 and over.
- Participant must be certified in Standard First Aid with CPR level C. Your certificate cannot be expired (it expires 3 years to the day after it was issued).
- Participant must have current Canadian Red Cross Emergency Medical Responder with BLS Certification that is about to expire. Your card cannot be expired (it expires 3 years to the day after it was issued).
- The Professional Responder
- Responding to the call
- Infection prevention and control
- Anatomy and physiology
- Airway management and respiratory emergences
- Circulatory emergencies
- Hemorrhage and soft tissue trauma
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Chest, abdominal and pelvic injuries
- Acute and chronic illnesses
- Environmental illnesses
- Pregnancy, labour, and delivery
- Special populations
- Crisis intervention
- Reaching, lifting, and extricating patients
- Multiple-casualty incidents
- Marine environment
- Workplace Includes any other content required by specific legislation
- Head and spinal injuries
Course duration (time/days): 40 hours (1 week)
Certification: 3-year Red Cross certification in Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) and BLS
Included in the course:
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency Care for Professional Responders Reference Text (eBook)
(Hard copy can be purchased, but it is not included in the course)
If you are registering more than 1 person, please make sure you are using different emails for each participant